SECTION O34OO – ARCHITECTURAL PRECAST CONCRETE
PART 1 – GENERAL
- Manufacturer shall supply architectural precast concrete.
- Manufacturer to supply shop drawings showing dimensions and profiles.
- Submit two precast concrete samples representative of the general range of color and texture to be furnished.
- Submit manufacturer’s technical product data for approval.
PART 2 – PRODUCTS
- Steel reinforcing per manufacturer’s specifications or otherwise noted.
- Inserts per manufacturer’s specifications or otherwise noted.
- Portland Cement: ASTM A 150, type I or type 2, grey/white to be
- Aggregates: 5116 crushed limestone chips and washed concrete sand. E. Water: potable, fresh.
- Admixtures: selected by the manufacturer.
- Grout: Pre-mixed grout as specified.
2.02 ACCEPTABLE MANUFACTURERS
- Seawright Custom Precast Concrete, Inc. (SCPC)
85-610 Grapefruit Blvd. Coachella, CA 92236
7601398-1008 fax www.scpcinc.com
2.03 COLOR & FINISH
- Color to be standard concrete grey or color dyes with grey or white cement. Color: TBD.
- Exposed surfaces to be SCPC‘s standard low void finish or sandblast finish or Old-World finish.
2.04 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Reference standards: as specified in NPCA Quality Control manual.
- Manufacturer’s qualifications: Precast concrete work shall be the product of a manufacturer who has demonstrated capability to produce precast concrete products of the quality specified.
- Engineering: The Contractor is responsible for the engineering and installation of the precast units, including their attachment to their supports.
PART 3 – EXECUTION
- General Contractor to verify field height allowances.
- Coordinate with other trades and GC to insure proper placement of precast concrete, timing of installation, and any other pertinent elements.
- Install precast units’ plumb, square, true and symmetrical cutting as necessary to fit.
- Thin set or glue the units together as necessary.
- Anchoring per requirement.
- Grouted joints shall be densely packed and neatly tooled to finish.
- Clean up all excess grout or adhesive immediately to leave a clean and neat installation.
3.02 CLEANING AND REPAIR
- Repair obvious chips caused by cutting and handling.
- Clean by rinsing with clear running water.